Paid Internship: March 2015 – June 2015, London UK
The Literary Platform is currently seeking an intern to assist on the Jerwood Fiction Uncovered Prize 2015. The intern will be asked to work 3 days per week from its offices in Shoreditch.
The Literary Platform is a specialist consultancy working at the heart of publishing and technology with publishers, developers and literary organisations. It also works with academic institutions on special research projects and runs its own projects such as The Writing Platform and the Jerwood Fiction Uncovered Prize.
In 2013 it was listed in the Top Ten UK Creative Entrepreneurs by British Council Creative Economy, and in the Guardian Professional/h.Club 100 list of ‘most innovative and influential’ in the creative industries.
This internship will have a special focus on the Jerwood Fiction Uncovered Prize, which annually awards eight of the UK’s best fiction writers with a prize of £5,000 each. The prize announcement will be made in June 2015, and the titles are then promoted via a media campaign, promotions in bookshops and coordinated digital activity.
Duties will include:
General administrative duties:
– Maintaining database of book submissions from publishers for Jerwood Fiction Uncovered Prize (ensuring all necessary information is included)
– Unpacking books and sending to judges
– Other administrative duties relevant to The Literary Platform, Jerwood Fiction Uncovered Prize and The Writing Platform
– Supporting team with digital communications campaigns, liaising with journalists, media partners, creating media target lists, etc.
– Website content uploading for The Literary Platform, The Writing Platform and the Jerwood Fiction Uncovered Prize
– Undertaking research for potential feature articles
– Proofreading website copy
– Liaising with commissioned writers and filmmakers
– Both sites are built in WordPress so knowledge of this CMS preferred
Social Media support:
– Updating twitter, facebook and LinkedIn accounts
– Support in lead up to 2015 events
Who we are looking for:
– A confident and enthusiastic worker – someone who is comfortable packing up a box of books but also confident enough to communicate with judges, contributors and media
– Digitally aware – someone with an interest in and understanding of digital publishing
– A Self-Starter who is able to work from our offices in Shoreditch with some flexibility for working from home and their own laptop
The position is a Paid Internship – £650 per calendar month for a 3-day week.
To apply please email your CV and a covering letter address to [email protected]
Closing Date is 6th March 2015